If you are looking for a Montessori program for your child that is true to the Montessori philosophy and its objectives then ensure the program incorporates the following key characteristics:
1. A daily schedule that allows large blocks of uninterrupted time to explore, learn new ideas, problem-solve and make connections in knowledge;
2. Multi-aged classrooms reflecting the different Montessori planes of development;
3. Through lessons on grace, courtesy and peace, create a classroom atmosphere which encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
4. Classroom environments offering a diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, social, and personal independence;
5. Guides educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology for the age level they are teaching, who have the ability and dedication to put the key concepts into practice;
6. A partnership established with the family. The family is considered an integral part of the individual's total development.